This is a list of Polish Censuses. While accessing them would be of incredible help and value, they are not available online.
POLAND POPULATION CENSUSES
- (Poland) 1789 First nation-wide census of population
- (Poland) 1808-1810 First (complete) general censuses of population in the Grand Duchy of Warsaw
- (Prussia) 1840 First general census of population - Grand Duchy of Poznan ( then every 3-5 years to 1914.)
- (Austria) 1857 First general census of population in Galicia; then: in 1869, 1880, 1890, 1900 and 1910
- (Russia) 1897 General census of population in the Congress Kingdom of Poland (only one carried in that area until WW I)
- (Poland) 1921 First General Census of Population post WW I Poland; then in 1931.
- (German Occupied Poland) 1943 German authorities in occupation carried out a summary census of population
- (Poland) 1946 First Summary Census of Population in Poland post WW II; then: 1950, 1960, 1970, 1978, 1988, 2002.