- POLISH FIRST NAMES DATABASE
Thousands of first names and their meanings
- BASIC EXPLAINATION OF SURNAME ENDINGS
* * * * * * * * * *
- 18th Century Rhineland Immigrants
100+ persons compiled by Schroeder & Fueling.
- Ancestry Surname Message Boards
- Austrian Emigrants to the Karpato-Ukraine (1775)
- Banat Immigrants to North Dakota (census extractions)
- Banat Immigrants to North Dakota (passenger list extractions)
200+ names from David Dreyer of San Francisco
- Czarnik Surname Resource Centre
- Carpatho-Rusyn Surname Project
- Die Vorfahren Database of Pomerania, Posen, East Prussia, West Prussia and NeuBrandenberg
- Directory of Surnames in Current Use in Poland - “SLOWNIK NAZWISK”
- At the top of the page, there is a box labeled, “Prosze wprowadzic nazwisko.” In this box, enter the name you are looking for. You may find it helpful to use “wildcards” when entering your surname, such as Miecz* instead of Miecznikowski. This will result in a list of all entries beginning with these letters.
- For a more comprehensive explanation of this Surname Database, please visit:
- East European Genealogical Society Surname Index
- Eastern European Surname Researchers
- FEEFHS Silesian/Schlesien Research List - SILRL
- Germanic Surnames from the Steinau Village (Nisko, Galicia)
1780’s to early 1800’s
- GRA German Lineage Register
surname database - many, no count - GRA (German Research Association) of San Diego
- Index of Surnames - Polish Order of the Virtuti Militari Recipients (1792-1992)
On this site you enter in a surname and it produces a map depicting the population with that same surname throughout the country. The information is color-coded by density in different areas. Additionally, you can search by the first letter of the surname.
- Polish Names Extracted from of St. Louis County (Duluth) Minnesota - 2,000+ names extracted by FEEFHS member Ray Marshall:
- Polish Genealogical Society of Connecticut and the Northeast, Inc.
(search the Cemetery Surname Index Database)
- Polish Genealogy Society of California: Surname Index
- Polish Genealogy Society of Texas: Polish Surname Query
- The Polish Karta Index of Repression
Includes the names of victims of the Katyń Forest Massacre from the three camps: KOZIELSK, OSTASZKOW and STAROBIELSK.
To help navigate the page: Nazwisko = Surname, Imie = Name, Imie ojca = Father’s name, Data urodzenia = Born, then from the Kategoria represji menu select a category, and click Szukaj = search
- Polish Surnames by Town
- PRCUA Insurance Claim File Index
Locate surnames of Policy holders and their death claim files
- Rafal’s Polish Surname List
- Roots Surname List
- Save our Ancestral Records (SOAR)
- “Sharing our Heritage” - Galizien German Descendants
- Surname Fond Index - Russian State Historical Archives, St. Petersburg
about 200 surnames - BLITZ (Baltic-Russian Information Service), from Ed Nute, U.S. Director
- Surname Helper
- Surname Location Reference Project (SLRP - Slovak)
- NEW* Surname Navigator
Search multiple databases with one entry:
(LDS Poland, Geneanet Poland, Google genealogy Poland, Google News Genealogy Poland, Polish Passengers NY 1892-1924, Residents of Czestochowa, Radomsko, Dziennik Chicagoski Death Notices 1890-1971, US UK CANADA Census (Born in Poland), Rootsweb Message Board Poland, Genforum Poland, E-mail Finder Poland)
- Surnames from 20 villages within the boundary of Gmina Cisna
- Surnames of Early Parishioners at Sweetest Heart of Mary (1887-1902)
- Surnames of Carpathorusyn Villages
- Surnames of Early Parishioners at Sweetest Heart of Mary 1887-1902
Polish-Catholic church in Detroit, Michigan
- Warszawa & Praga Homeowner’s Lists (1852, 1864, 1869 and 1870)
- WISCHNITZ PARISH REGISTER Sonja Hoeke-Nishimoto, A.G.
Marriage and birth records for the Roman Catholic Parish of Wisnicze in the diocese of Toszek, Poland
- Writing Home: Immigrants in Brazil and the United States
Surname index from letters written by emigrants from Poland, to family back home in the Plock province of Poland, in the years 1890 and 1891.